OH, if it were that simple. Even though it’s not quite that powerful, I find that bleaching my hair does raise my spirits and cheer me up. Must be the chemicals seeping in!
So while I wait for the bleach to finish up, I thought I’d make a catch up post with lots of little stuff. Sort of a round up if you will.
– Heather’s moving to Vegas. Part of me is sad and part of me is jealous. The party this weekend will be fun.
– The Middle East is unraveling and all dumbass Americans can say is “Go Democracy!!”. ::shakes head:: If more Americans had a vague clue about the history of the region and OUR part in it, I think there’d be more people like me who are a) not surprised by the violence and b) VERY worried about how this will affect those countries such as ours who are totally dependent on them (the countries that are melting down now) for oil. This is SERIOUS, people. And “democracy” has nothing to do with it.
– The bullshit in WI. This comes down to the traditional debate of whether unions are beneficial or not. I fall on the NOT side of that. They artificially inflate wages and entitlements. You’ll never hear a union member offer to give up his entitlements for the sake of the company or the bigger economy. Look at the auto companies. UNIONS destroyed that industry. Yet far left hippies think that unions are the answer. Nope. Not even a little bit.
– Trek Trax was OK – what little we saw of it. We got busy around here on Sat and blew off the con but did go up Sunday to check it out. Met the Duras sisters, which was my main goal, and saw the Miss Klingon Pageant. They really need to work on the flow of that for next year. We might get a dealer’s room table next year just for fun and to support the con. It’s small enough that we might actually sell something! LOL
– We also wold love to do Furry Weekend Atlanta, but damn it’s pricey. You’ve got a cheap table ($65) but they don’t give you any passes with the tables, so you end up paying $80 for 2 passes + $65 for the table and that’s $145 for a table. Quite a bit, for such a specialized con. But we may do it anyway next year just to see how we do.
– This year will be an interesting one for our finances. We plan to have a whole new outlook by this time next year, I can promise you that.
– The Mirena is still causing light bleeding. It’s been 6 wks now, with 5 of that bleeding. ::sigh:: I NEVER get a break. NEVER. The good news is that there’s no pain, but still. What a fucking hassle.
– I’m loving this weather! 70s in Feb? Yes, please!
Now, I’m off to rinse this bleach out. Tsaketa!