This is a side dish from a restaurant I worked in back in the day. It's an unusual pairing of flavours, but VERY savoury and delicious! This is a great recipe to have in your arsenal for when the zucchini comes in and you're swimming in them!
Servings 6 servings
- 1-2 zucchini, 1/4-1/2" slices about 2 cups
- 1 medium onion, halved then sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbl L&P Worcestershire sauce +/- to taste
- 2 Tbl butter
- 1 Tbl dry dill 2Tbl fresh, to taste
- S/P to taste
- water as needed
- Heat a large skillet over med high heat. Add water, zucchini, onions and garlic. Bring to simmer.
- After 3-4 minutes, add butter and dill. Cook zucchini until soft. Do not brown, drop heat to medium if the water is evaporating quickly. Add more water if needed until the zucchini and onions are cooked - about 8-10 minutes. There should be no water left in the pan.
- Finish with L&P and check seasoning. You want a balance between the L&P and the dill, so use your judgement when finishing the dish.
Photography by Sheryl Julian from SimplyRecipes.com. This side is excellent with lemony chicken or fish.