This salad is great warm, room temp or cold! It’s easy and beets are the main ingredient! I used beet greens, kale and radicchio in this version since I had very few beet tops. This is a versatile use for beets!
Golden Beet and Greens Salad
- 1 bunch Golden Beets, roasted You can use red ones, but the golden ones are a little milder and won't stain everything.
- 1 bunch Beet greens (the ones on the beets), cleaned and cut into bite sized pieces sub kale, mustard or any sturdy green
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese sub feta if you like
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Tbl seasoned rice wine vinegar or white balsamic would work
- 2 cloves garlic, minced more or less to taste
- S/P to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted toast in a dry pan over med hi heat, watch carefully not to burn
- Cut beets into similar sized chunks (no need to peel) and roast with a little EVOO in a 400ºF oven until they are soft. Anywhere from 30-45 minutes. When done, set aside and let cool.
- Mince up the garlic and mix with EVOO and vinegar until emulsified.
- Toss greens in dressing. Then toss in the goat cheese.
- When beets are cool, cut up into a small dice and add to salad. Toss.
- Top with toasted almonds or toss them in.
- Serve as a main or a side.