The plain (lemon) recipe is here.
Angela's Easy Almond Madeleines
Yes! Madeleines are actually very easy. Julia Child's recipe seems daunting, but after making these several times and streamlining the recipe, I've found that Madeleines are actually pretty simple to make. I love them! Below is my Almond recipe, there is also a lemon (plain) recipe. THIS recipe is also EXCELLENT as a chocolate madeleine! SEE NOTES!
Servings 36 MINI Madeleines
- MINI Madeleine pans, two (if you have regular sized pans, this recipe will make about half as many AND the time will change, SEE NOTES.)
- Gallon ziplock or pastry bag if you've got one.
- Cooling rack.
- Wire strainer to sift confectioners sugar.
- 2 lg eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup A/P flour
- 2/3 cup Almond flour OR grind up one 2.25oz bag blanched slivered almonds
- 4 oz butter (one stick, cut up) I use salted, if you don't, add 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt to this recipe.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract use the real thing please
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- confectioners sugar to coat after baking
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together sugar, A/P flour and Almond flour.
- Put butter in microwave dish and melt - do not boil, use half power. When mostly melted, whisk briskly to ensure it's all melted and it will cool properly. It takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Beat eggs.
- Using a strong spoonula, stir together flour and eggs. Stir for a couple of minutes. Add extracts and stir again.
- Make sure butter is just WARM (if not, whisk it a bit and it'll cool down) and stir into batter. Stir thoroughly until batter is fully smooth and integrated.
- Put batter in freezer for about 10 minutes to cool. Remove, stir again, put back in freezer for about 5 more minutes.
- Thoroughly spray Madeleine pans with food release OR brush with butter.
- Put batter into a gallon ziplock (or pastry bag with plain large tip) for easy dispensing into the madeleine pan. Fill madeleine cups about 3/4 - about 2 tsp for a MINI pan or about a Tablespoon for regular sized pan.
- Make sure oven racks are in the center two. Put one pan on each rack. Set timer for 10 minutes for MINIs and 15 minutes for regular sized. Rotate pans at halfway point for even cooking.
- When madeleines are browned to your liking, put on a cooling rack and cover with confectioners sugar. (Use a wire strainer to shake sugar through.)
If you have regular sized Madeleine pans, this recipe will make about half as many (~18 or so). The cook time will be at least 15 minutes, perhaps more if you like them medium brown like I do. There is another recipe on this site for plain (lemon) Madeleines. If you like chocolate, just add 3 Tbl of baking cocoa powder to the dry ingredients. SO tasty! They are just a little firmer than the almond, but still cook up perfectly!
One Reply to “Angela’s EASY Almond Madeleines”
These look delish! I should’ve asked for some Madeline pans on my registry! I’m not a baker either so, this is the recipe for me! Also, I can’t believe I’m married!
Comments are closed.