White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
I whipped this up on a whim and it is so good, I just had to jot down what I did! This is one delicious dip! No cooking required with this pantry staple recipe.
- Food Processor or Blender
- 1 14 oz can Great Northern beans any white bean is fine
- 1/2 12 oz jar Roasted Red Peppers or two if you roast yourself
- 1/2 cup Italian Cherry Peppers, about 5-6 often labeled sweet and hot peppers
- 1 tsp EACH, juice from red peppers and cherry peppers double the cherry pepper juice if you roast your own peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbl tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbl olive oil (EVOO) stream in while puréeing
- 2 tsp lime juice, about one lime to taste
- S/P to taste
- Drain the beans and cut the roasted red peppers into 1" chunks. Mince garlic.
- Put everything except olive oil into food processor and process on high until smooth.
- Stream in EVOO with processor on.
- When desired consistency is reached, add lime juice and S/P to taste.
- This dip will firm up in the fridge.
- Serve with EVOO on top. It is great with tortilla chips, crackers or crudité.